A Moving Guide For Pets & Pet Parents!
Dover is a great place to live, but just like anywhere you aren’t used to, it takes a little time to get to know the ins and outs. To help with your move, check out the following tips and resources from Charlie’s Treats Bakery that will have you and your fur babies feeling right at home!
- Before you move, you should connect with a local vet and transfer your pet’s records.
- Take the necessary steps to have your home ready to hit the market.
- Select a groomer to ensure your pet looks and feels his best.
- Update your pet’s tags and microchip information with your new address.
- Have your pet’s essentials on hand immediately when you arrive at the new abode.
- Find a local pet sitter who can take care of your furry friend when you’re away.
- Before you go exploring, take time to ensure your pet is comfortable in your new home and neighborhood.
- Introduce your pet to the neighbors to begin relations with good vibes after your move.
- Grab a bite together at pet-friendly restaurants.
- Need to blow off some steam? Stretch your legs—and your dog’s legs—at the trail near Abbott’s Mill Nature Center.
- Little Creek Dog Park is a great place for Fido to make friends with other canines.
- Also your feline friend will be feeling loved with a patch of catnip.
A new place always takes getting used to, but you and your furry friend will love Dover! Work your way through these tips and resources, and soon you’ll be feeling right at home after your big move.
Along with dog treats, Charlie’s Treats bakery offers paw balm, doggy bandanas, and fun cloth masks for humans. Check out our shop to find great items for the whole canine and human family!
Image courtesy of Unsplash